My favourite cake this season, is carrot cake. The mix between the spiced cake and sweet & sour topping tastes like heaven your mouth. After ordering this cake in different coffee shops, I decided to conquer the kitchen and bake it myself.
For the cake
- 3 dl sunflower oil
- 6 eggs
- 200g grated carrots
- 300g caster sugar
- 350g self-raising flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 peel of an orange
- 2 tsp gingerbread spices
- 100g walnuts
- 50g raisins
For the frosting
- 300g cream-cheese
- 75g butter
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 90g icing sugar
Preparation of the cake
- Peel the carrots and put them in the kitchen machine util they look like the carrots on the picture. I used about four carrots.
- Cut the walnots into smaller pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Put the eggs, sugar and sunflower oil in a bowl and mix it until it’s a smooth batter. After this, you can put the baking soda and the flour with the batter and mix until smooth again. When everything is smooth, you can put the orange peel and gingerbread spices in it. Mix until the gingerbread spices and orange peel has blended with the batter.(On the picture it looks really orange but it’s more of a orange-brown color)
- Put the raisins and walnuts in the batter, swirl around with a big spoon.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking mold and bake for 60-70 minutes.
(If you want to be sure the cake is done, poke into the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean and dry, it’s done.)
Preparation for the frosting
- Put the butter in the microwave or heat it in a pan. Make sure it’s soft. Put it in a bowl and mix untill it’s a light batter.
- Put the icing sugar, cream-cheese and lemon juice into the bowl and mix until it looks like the frosting on the picture.
- Cut the cake in half and spread the frosting. Then put the two halves together and spread the frosting on the entire cake.
Bon appetit ❤